[R] running R-code outside of R

Roger Leenders r.t.a.j.leenders at rug.nl
Wed Jun 25 22:23:12 CEST 2008

Thanks to all of the responders. It looks like dreams may come true
after all :-)

The application is as follows. Respondents fill out a questionnaire that
has been posted online. Output is in excel or text format. My client
(typically working for a government agency that provides subsidies to
SME businesses) then needs to send those data through the R code. The
code produces all kinds of output: probabilities, tables, several
figures, that together should be output in a pdf file. The client
typically will neither know about R nor will want to know about the
mechanics of the software that produces the output from the data.
The best thing would be if the client could press a button on the
website, which would then trigger the data processing and produce the
report for the client. Alternatively, we could give them software that
they could install on their own computers. Rpad or Rwui may just do the
trick!

thanks, Roger