[R] R help

Philipp Pagel p.pagel at wzw.tum.de
Wed Jun 25 23:17:43 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 01:06:48PM -0700, ramya.victory at gmail.com wrote:
> Geneset.ls <- list()
> for(i in 1: 5452)
> {
> Geneset.ls[[i]] <- read.delim("c.all.v2.5.symbols.gmt", header=T, skip=1, sep="\t")
> }
>
> I have a file named c.all.v2.5.symbols.gmt.it is a huge file with
> about 30 columns and 5452 rows.  I want to write single rows in the
> Geneset.ls(). and then bind them again can i use rbind for it but i
> dont know how to use it.
>
> I am basically working DNA Microarray expression data

I'm pretty confused about what exactly you are trying to do.

read.delim returns a data frame so there is no need for a loop or
binding rows at all. I guess you should start by reading "An
Introduction to R" to get some of the basic concepts. As you are
interested in microarray analysis you probably should move on to have a
look at bioconductor after that.

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel
Lehrstuhl für Genomorientierte Bioinformatik