[R] help with cube3d cube size

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Jun 26 13:02:40 CEST 2008

Mark Kimpel wrote:
> Thanks for the pointers. I think the package is great, just want to
> use it to its full potential without driving the list crazy with
> questions.  Below is my output to help and sessionInfo(). I don't see
> the scaling functions, although I now see that they can be retrieved
> with ?matrices. You guys are the experts as to what should go where,
> but for someone unfamiliar with how rgl works, having them print out
> with help(package = "rgl") would make some of these functions more
> obvious to the newbie.  Mark

The issue here is that several of those are documented on the same page,
and that index lists the names of help pages, not all of the aliases
that point there.  The index in the HTML help version (or the CHM help
in Windows) repeats each alias, so you'll see things like

scale3d    Work with homogeneous coordinates
scaleMatrix    Work with homogeneous coordinates

as well as the entry for matrices as below.  I can see arguments for
both:  repetition is bad, full coverage is good.  The index in the pdf
document is another approach:  it lists all the aliases, and tells you
which topic documents them.

All of this is common to all R packages; rgl isn't doing anything
special to produce these lists.

Duncan Murdoch