[R] Date Time Sequence

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 00:06:50 CEST 2008

Try this:

library(chron)
t1 <- chron("1/1/2006", "00:00:00")
t2 <- chron("12/31/2006", "23:45:00")
deltat <- times("00:15:00")
tt <- seq(t1, t2, by = times("00:15:00"))

Note that if you have some data and your intention is simply to
create the index for it so you can create a zoo or zooreg object
then the zooreg constructor can do it for you.  For example,
a series of 10 values starting at t1 with successive points
spaced 15 minutes apart is:

library(zoo)
zooreg(1:10, start = t1, deltat = as.numeric(deltat))