[R] String concatenation

Peng Jiang jp021 at sjtu.edu.cn
Sat Jun 28 17:20:06 CEST 2008

Hi,  Andy
  I am a little confused, why don't you just use paste() directly?

 > paste("12","3","45",sep="")

produce the same result with your concat.

regards .
On 2008-6-28, at 下午7:44, Andy Fugard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is the following function built in somewhere?
>
> concat = function(v) {
>  res = ""
>
>  for (i in 1:length(v))
>    res = paste(res,v[i],sep="")
>
>  res
> }
>
> e.g.
>
> > concat(c("12","3","45"))
> [1] "12345"
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andy
>
> --
> Andy Fugard, Postgraduate Research Student
> Psychology (Room F3), The University of Edinburgh,
>  7 George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9JZ, UK
> Mobile: +44 (0)78 123 87190   http://www.possibly.me.uk

Peng Jiang
江鹏
Ph.D. Candidate
Antai College of Economics & Management
安泰经济管理学院
Department of Mathematics
数学系
Shanghai Jiaotong University (Minhang Campus)
800 Dongchuan Road
200240 Shanghai
P. R. China