[R] Parallel R

Juan Pablo Romero Méndez jpablo.romero at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 21:11:37 CEST 2008

Hello,

The problem I'm working now requires to operate on big matrices.

I've noticed that there are some packages that allows to run some
commands in parallel. I've tried snow and NetWorkSpaces, without much
success (they are far more slower that the normal functions)

My problem is very simple, it doesn't require any communication
between parallel tasks; only that it divides simetricaly the task
between the available cores. Also, I don't want to run the code in a
cluster, just my multicore machine (4 cores).

What solution would you propose, given your experience?

Regards,

  Juan Pablo