[R] Is there a good package for multiple imputation of missing values in R?

Robert A. LaBudde ral at lcfltd.com
Mon Jun 30 09:02:09 CEST 2008

I'm looking for a package that has a start-of-the-art method of
imputation of missing values in a data frame with both continuous and
factor columns.

I've found transcan() in 'Hmisc', which appears to be possibly suited
to my needs, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get a new
data frame with the imputed values replaced (I don't have Herrell's book).

Any pointers would be appreciated.
Robert A. LaBudde, PhD, PAS, Dpl. ACAFS  e-mail: ral at lcfltd.com
Least Cost Formulations, Ltd.            URL: http://lcfltd.com/
824 Timberlake Drive                     Tel: 757-467-0954
Virginia Beach, VA 23464-3239            Fax: 757-467-2947

"Vere scire est per causas scire"