[R] playwith package does not work on Ubuntu?

Graham Williams Graham.Williams at togaware.com
Mon Jun 30 13:35:38 CEST 2008

Received Mon 30 Jun 2008  8:58pm +1000 from Karl Ove Hufthammer:
> Ingo Michaelis:
>
> > I try to use the interactive plot package playwith on my machine (Ubuntu
> > 8.04 64 bit / Gnome) using R version 2.7.1. My problem is that the widgets
> > are not shown. I tried to plot the examples from the documentation, but it
> > does not work anyway.
>
> FWIW, I have the same problem on a Fedora 8 system running KDE and the
> latest R Patched.

Similarly Debian. The author is aware of the problem on
GNU/Linux. Apparently works well on MS/Windows :-(

The author is on holidays at the moment and has said he'll have a look
at this once he returns. (Of course, source is available so anyone is
welcome to have a go at fixing it.)

It looks like a very nice package, once it works.

Regards,
Graham