[R] How to set up multiple spawns of R?

Guy Perry perryg at upstate.edu
Sat Mar 1 15:19:54 CET 2008

Sorry: resending this; didn't have a title on it.

Trying to set up multiple spawns of R

Hi.  I'm new to the list but I have a small problem with R.  I'm trying to
set up multiple spawns of R active at the same time on an AMD with a dual
core in Vista so that I can cut down my permutation processing time.

I've installed R in multiple places, which I thought was the correct way to
do it but whether I use installs at "C:\Program Files\R1" and "C\...\R2", or
even separately on the C: and D: drive, whenever I try to load my package
(qtl), it gives me the error message:

Error in library(qtl) : there is no package called 'qtl'

The thing is, I've installed the packagen in both places (C\...\R1 and
C\...\R2, or both the C: and D: drives) and it still gives me the message.
Does anyone know how to set up a simultaneous R spawn?  Clearly I'm wrong
about how to get it started.

Thanks,

G Perry