[R] Make plots with GNUplot. Have anyone tried that?

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Sun Mar 2 00:58:55 CET 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Louise Hoffman
<louise.hoffman at gmail.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>
> >  Seriously. Be specific if you have a problem. (read the posting guide). R can
>  >  also plot. If you don't like R's plots (which I could not understand) you can
>  >  export data and import them to gnuplot. So what?
>
>  Okay, my post was not very good.
>
>  The reason (I think) I need GNUplot, is that I would like to include
>  the plots from R in a Latex report, where I would like to have all the
>  text and equations in the plots with the same font as used in Latex.

FYI, the LaTeX 'psfrag' package was designed for the purpose of having
LaTeX replace the text in EPS figures with text specified in LaTeX.
That should give you the same font as in your main document.  I
haven't used it in a while but it normally does what you want.

My $0.02

Henrik