[R] Could not install aroma.affymetrix

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Sun Mar 2 10:13:51 CET 2008

Hi My,

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 8:04 PM, My Coyne <mcoyne at boninc.com> wrote:
> I don't know if this is the correct forum to ask the following question;
>  however, when I search the aroma.affymetrix discussion group, it suggested
>  that I should posted the question to r-help.  Here it goes.

I think you have misinterpreted some message(s), because I don't know
of any place where we suggest that you should ask r-help list about
installation problems on aroma.affymetrix.  Let me know if I am wrong
so the documentation can be corrected.

>  I followed the instructions on aroma.affymetrix trying to install the
>  packages; following are the steps:
>

>  > install.packages(c("R.oo", "R.utils"),
>  contriburl="http://www.braju.com/R/repos/")

That explains how to install the R.oo and R.utils packages, but it is
certainly not the suggested way to install aroma.affymetrix.  *Please*
let me know where you got this from.

See the Page 'Installation, Updates & Patches' on the aroma.affymetrix
website (http://www.braju.com/R/aroma.affymetrix/) for installation
instructions.

/Henrik