[R] Barplot with grouping x axis and count data

**linda** berichtjeaanlinda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 18:01:15 CET 2008

Hello,
I am trying to make a barplot with nested count data which is build like
this: first there are several birds (n)laying 3 clutches composed of 2 eggs
half of the second and third clutch received treatment and this treatment
was tested to influence sex of offspring. I want a barplot showing counts
for male and female for every egg of every clutch. can someone tell me what
to do? I drew a table of how i wanted it to look with:
ftable(sex,clutch,egg,treat) giving:

clutch   egg   treat    #females #males
1          1        0            14       21
                      1           5         2
            2        0            25       24
                     1            3         43
2          1        0            23       43
                     1            23       5
            2       0            43        6
                     1            54        1
3 etc

I would want to have clutch egg and treat all on the xaxis but not in
separate bars but nested within eachother just like the table. Can someone
tell me how to deal with this problem?

thank you,
Linda