[R] automatically save graphic

Richard Cotton Richard.Cotton at hsl.gov.uk
Tue Mar 4 11:02:54 CET 2008

mysimbaa wrote:

> I write some code which produce a graphic
> Now I try at the end to output it (bitmap or jpeg) like this way :
>
> - pop up window asking me to choose a path where to save my picture
> - choose name for this picture

Your message isn't very clear, so forgive me if I have misunderstood, but
1. You can save your pictures in the manner you described by clicking on the
File menu in a graphics window, then 'Save As...', and choose bitmap or
jpeg.

2. If you want to save plots automatically, then do it in code:
jpeg("foo.jpg")
plot(1:100)
dev.off()

-----