[R] vector manipulations

Bill.Venables at csiro.au Bill.Venables at csiro.au
Wed Mar 5 00:38:33 CET 2008

No problems with it working.  The main problem I have observed is
unrealistic expectations.  People write an *essentially* non-vectorized
function and expect Vectorize to produce a version of it which will
out-perform explicit loops every time.  No magic bullets in this game.

Bill.

Bill Venables
CSIRO Laboratories
PO Box 120, Cleveland, 4163
AUSTRALIA
Office Phone (email preferred): +61 7 3826 7251
Fax (if absolutely necessary):  +61 7 3826 7304
Mobile:                         +61 4 8819 4402
Home Phone:                     +61 7 3286 7700
mailto:Bill.Venables at csiro.au
http://www.cmis.csiro.au/bill.venables/