[R] ggplot2 - Problem with grid plot

Chris Friedl cfriedalek at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 01:24:01 CET 2008

ONKELINX, Thierry wrote:

> Dear Chris,
>
> You'll need to add information on the facet factor (color) to the
> medians dataset.
>
> library(ggplot2)
> medians <- aggregate(diamonds$price, list(cut = diamonds$cut, color =
> diamonds$color), median)
> ggplot(data=diamonds, aes(x=price)) + geom_density(aes(color=cut)) +
> geom_vline(data=medians, aes(color=cut, intercept = x)) +
> facet_grid(color~.)
>
> HTH,
>
> Thierry

As they say downunder, YOU BLOODY BEAUTY!!!! (that's a good thing :)
Not only can I now create the plot I want, but I also learned the aggregate
function which is exactly what I was looking for as a way of trying to solve
this problem. R has a steep learning curve but as you go up the view gets
better and better. Thanks again for your help Thierry. And Hadley, thanks
again for ggplot ... I'm appreciating its power with each day.