[R] vertex labels in igraph from adjacency matrix

Mark W Kimpel mwkimpel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 07:39:41 CET 2008

I am getting some unexpected results from some functions of igraph and
it is possible that I am misinterpreting the vertex numbers. Eg., the
max betweenness measure seems to be from a vertex that is not connected
to a single other vertex. Below if my code snippet:

require(igraph)
my.graph <- graph.adjacency(adjmatrix = my.adj.matrix, mode=c("undirected"))

most.between.vert <- colnames(my.adj.matrix)[which(betweenness(graph =
my.graph, v=V(my.graph), directed = FALSE) == max(betweenness(graph =
my.graph, v=V(my.graph), directed = FALSE))) + 1]

sum(my.adj.matrix[most.between.vertext,])
0

Is there a way to automatically set the vertex name attributes from the
row and colnames of the inputted adjacency matrix to graph.adjacency?
This would seem like an intuitive feature, but I can't find it
documented. In the absence of this feature, how can I make sure that I
am setting the vertex name attributes correctly?
--

Mark W. Kimpel MD  ** Neuroinformatics ** Dept. of Psychiatry
Indiana University School of Medicine

15032 Hunter Court, Westfield, IN  46074

(317) 490-5129 Work, & Mobile & VoiceMail
(317) 204-4202 Home (no voice mail please)

mwkimpel<at>gmail<dot>com