[R] Reversed but positive axis in trellis plots?

Fredrik Karlsson dargosch at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 13:04:51 CET 2008

Hi,

In my discpipline, it is common to plot one acoustic property on a
positive scale but from top to bottom on the ordinate and the same for
another measurement on the abscissa.
So, the origin of the plot is on the top right of the plot, with
increasing values to the left /down. This is to highlight the
correlation between the acoustic measurement and the position of the
forming structure, for instance when teaching it to students.

The grouping ability of the trellis plot is quite handy whan plotting
many instances of the same thing, so I was wondering if it is possible
to make a trellis xyplot behave this way?
Converting all values to negative and changing labels to the negative
of the negative seems one solution to the reverseness of the axes, but
how do I change the position? Is it possible?

/Fredrik

--
"Give up learning, and put an end to your troubles."