[R] CROSSOVER TRIALS IN R (Binary Outcomes)

Boikanyo Makubate boikanyo at stats.gla.ac.uk
Wed Mar 5 16:11:25 CET 2008

I will like to analyse a binary cross over design using the random
effects model. The probability of success is assumed to be logistic.
Suppose as an example, we have 4 subjects undergoing a crossover design,
where the outcome is either success or failure. The first two subjects
receive treatment "A" first followed by treatment "B". The remaining two
subjects receive treatments in the reverse order. The outcomes for the
subjects is the sequence "AB" are as follows: (0,1) and (0,0). While the
outcomes for the subjects in the sequence "BA" are (1,1) and (1,0).

How can i analyse this using R. I have done the problem with PROC
NLMIXED in SAS, I simply want to compare the results from SAS with those
from R. Please help. R-Codes will be highly appreciated.

Boikanyo.