[R] New data source - now how do we build an R interface?

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 20:03:26 CET 2008

Try to download something in IE and look at the bottom of your browser
where the URL is displayed or look at the Javascript in:
http://data.un.org/_Scripts/SeriesActions.js

and its apparent that the format is as follows:
http://data.un.org/Handlers/DownloadHandler.ashx?DataFilter=srID:1000&dataMartId=CDB&&Format=csv&c=2,3,4

It also accepts Format=xml, scsv (semicolon separated) and psv (pipe separated)
formats and there is a sort field (s=...) allowed which I omitted
since it appears
to work without it.  You will have to experiment to find the possible
values of the
other fields.

The result of entering the above URL in your browser is to download a zip
file containing the indicated data in csv format.