[R] Installing package from source in windows

Shewcraft, Ryan Shewcraft at Blackstone.com
Fri Mar 7 00:46:51 CET 2008

Hi all,

I am trying to install a custom package from its source using windows.
Using this guide
http://www.maths.bris.ac.uk/~maman/computerstuff/Rhelp/Rpackages.html
I've gotten to the fifth step, but I get the following error in the
command window: "'sh' is not recognized as an internal or external
command, operable program or batch file."  I saw in the help archives
that R-tools needed to be installed and in the system path, so I did
this but it still doesn't work.  Does anyone have an idea of what still
could be going wrong?

Another website recommended "If you know an R programmer who uses
Windows you could ask him or her to compile the package and give you the
resulting binary file which should be easier to install."  Would anyone
mind doing this for me if I send you the tar.gz file?

Thanks,

Ryan Shewcraft
The Blackstone Group, L.P.
> 345 Park Avenue, 28th Floor
> New York, NY 10154
> P: 212-583-5147
F: 646-253-7633

Please open the following attachment for important information regarding this e-mail communication.