[R] Sweave and the prompt

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Fri Mar 7 01:34:35 CET 2008

On 06/03/2008 6:01 PM, Christophe Genolini wrote:
> Hi the list
>
> I would also like to remove the prompt, in order to let the reader
> cut-and-paste from pdf to R. So I set the prompt to " " with
>
> options(prompt=" ",continue=" ")
>
> But it add an extrat space at the start of each line. I also try some code
> options(prompt="\a",continue="\a")
> After a big figth in my office (my college did not like my new prompt
> :-) ), I gave up since it does not let the user cut-and-paste either...
>
> Is there any possibility to completly remove the prompt ?

You've got the source code, you can do anything.

But I'd say this is a bad idea:  the prompt is there to make the code
look familiar to the reader.  You should be solving the cut and paste
problem by using a better cutter and/or paster (e.g. the "Paste commands
only" option in the Windows GUI).

Duncan Murdoch