[R] How to do multi-factor stratified sampling in R

Robert A. LaBudde ral at lcfltd.com
Sat Mar 8 17:48:42 CET 2008

Given a set of data with a number of variables plus a response, I'd
like to obtain a randomized subset of the rows such that the marginal
proportions of each variable are maintained closely in the subset to
that of the dataset, and possibly maintaining as well the two-factor
interaction marginal proportions as well for some pairs.

This must be a common problem in data mining, but I don't seem to be
able to locate the proper library or function for doing this in R.

Thanks for any help.
Robert A. LaBudde, PhD, PAS, Dpl. ACAFS  e-mail: ral at lcfltd.com
Least Cost Formulations, Ltd.            URL: http://lcfltd.com/
824 Timberlake Drive                     Tel: 757-467-0954
Virginia Beach, VA 23464-3239            Fax: 757-467-2947

"Vere scire est per causas scire"