[R] Reading microsoft .xls format and openoffice OpenDocument files

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Mon Mar 10 16:29:10 CET 2008

I don't have answer to either of your questions, just some info:

1: Why not try the XLSReadWrite package that can do it natively without
using Perl to convert to CSV first?

2: There seems to be an Ooo extension that sounds similar to R-Excel
(connecting R to Calc).  Not sure if that helps you any though.

Andy

From: Ajay Shah