[R] Your unfair assignment of blame (was parmat error from MASS?)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 11 08:18:01 CET 2008

There is no such code in MASS, so please don't make random assignments of
blame.  A competent R author would have used rowMeans(parmat).

R has debugging tools (see 'Writing R Extensions') and you should use them
to locate in which function the error is occurring.  E.g. traceback()
would tell you.  Even then, the error is almost certainly in the data
passed to the function and not in the function itself.

We don't know what the PVA package/project is, or who 'our' refers to --
despite the posting guide you have not given a signature block.