[R] internet proxy settings (win)

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 18:10:32 CET 2008

On 3/10/08, Thomas Steiner <finbref.2006 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I cannot access internet through R.
>  My IT-guys told me that I should set the proxy and the port and then
>  everything will be fine. Where can I set them?

Recently, I also had problems installing packages when under a
transparent proxy. What helped (both Windows and Linux) was to make
sure that wget correctly accesses the Internet, and under R run smth
like:
install.packages("package", method="wget").

I don't remember remember exactly what files and how I tweaked them on
Windows, but the Internet should be of help. Also, check this thread
[1] for hints.
Liviu

[1] http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/e3/help/07/10/1395.html