[R] odfWeave examples not working

bartjoosen bartjoosen at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 12 10:24:59 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm currently taking a look at possibilities to report my results, produced
by R.
After looking at LaTex, I'm now considering the odf format, as most people
at my
company work with MS Word. So using odfWeave would be my best bet probably.

But if I run some examples from the odfWeave package, I cant open the output
in Open Office:

demoFile <- system.file("examples", "simple.odt", package = "odfWeave")
outputFile <- gsub("simple.odt", "output.odt", demoFile)
library(odfWeave)
odfWeave(demoFile, outputFile)

This will produce output.odt, which should be opened with OpenOfficeWriter I
think.

But if I run the code above, I get a warning message:
In strsplit(x, ".", extend = FALSE, fixed = TRUE) :
  argument 'extended = FALSE' will be ignored

If I open output.odt, I get a message box from open office to select a
filter used to open the file.
When I choose "open office 1.0 text document" I get: The file is damaged,
should Oo try to repair?
But after repair, I get a blank work sheet.

I'm working on windows XP, session info:
R version 2.6.2 (2008-02-08)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=Dutch_Belgium.1252;LC_CTYPE=Dutch_Belgium.1252;LC_MONETARY=Dutch_Belgium.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=Dutch_Belgium.1252

attached base packages:
[1] grid      stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods
[8] base

other attached packages:
[1] MASS_7.2-40    odfWeave_0.7.3 XML_1.93-2.2   lattice_0.17-4

[1] tools_2.6.2

Kind regards

Bart