[R] Types of quadrature

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Wed Mar 12 19:20:37 CET 2008

Hi,

Why do you need an extension of integrate()?  integrate() is adaptive - it
uses an adaptive Gauss-Kronrod quadrature.

You can specify Inf and -Inf as upper and lower limits, resp., in
integrate().  In fact, this is what the help page recommends, and it also
discourages the use of a large number as a surrogate for Inf.

What is the specific problem or distribution that you are having trouble
with in using integrate()?

Ravi.

-------

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor, The Center on Aging and Health

Johns Hopkins University

Ph: (410) 502-2619

Fax: (410) 614-9625

Email: rvaradhan at jhmi.edu