[R] internet proxy settings (win)

Thomas Steiner finbref.2006 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 12:57:09 CET 2008

Thank you Philipp for your suggestions.
In Rprofile.site every line is commented out and I could not find any
.Rprofile. I even tried starting R with additional cmdline arguments
--no-environ and --no-init-file.
Still
> update.packages(ask='graphics')
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
Fehler: Indizierung außerhalb der Grenzen
Zusätzlich: Warning messages:
1: In read.dcf(file = tmpf) : Line starting '<html> ...' is malformed!
2: In read.dcf(file = tmpf) : Line starting '   <head> ...' is malformed!
3: In read.dcf(file = tmpf) : Line starting '</html> ...' is malformed!

This is as far as I allready have been - or not?
Thomas