[R] (no subject)

Bill.Venables at csiro.au Bill.Venables at csiro.au
Fri Mar 14 01:30:12 CET 2008

Marina,

The way I would go about it would be to clarify, in order, the following
issues:

* What questions do I want to ask about the tree diameter incremental
process?

* What data do I have, or should I get, to address those questions?

* What analyses or models should I use to link the data to the process,
and hence to answer the questions of interest?

* [For statistical professionals: Will combinations of standard models
or analyses be sufficient, or do I have to do any new methodological
development?]

* What software do I need to do the data analyses or model fitting
steps?

* Are the software facilities I need available in R?

* If so, what are they and how do I use them?

>From this perspective, you seem to be starting at the wrong end.

Sorry.

Bill Venables
CSIRO Laboratories
PO Box 120, Cleveland, 4163
AUSTRALIA
Office Phone (email preferred): +61 7 3826 7251
Fax (if absolutely necessary):  +61 7 3826 7304
Mobile:                         +61 4 8819 4402
Home Phone:                     +61 7 3286 7700
mailto:Bill.Venables at csiro.au
http://www.cmis.csiro.au/bill.venables/