[R] download.file()

Stefan Grosse singularitaet at gmx.net
Tue Mar 18 18:57:46 CET 2008

On Tuesday 18 March 2008 06:32:18 pm Paul Evans wrote:
PE> Also, is there a method/package (in R) with which I can unpack a tar file
PE> programatically?

I guesses that question when I saw your tar file. Not that you not only need
to un-tar but also to un-zip then several other files in that tarball.

Counter-question: is it necessary that you do all that from within R? You
could manually download, untar/unzip and then read the data that will be your
next problem: the files have different names and some other information then
just a table ...

So unless you want to extract a lot of separate tables I think it is easier to
do it manually.

Stefan

--
Microeconomics