[R] ls() and classes

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed Mar 19 11:49:45 CET 2008

    GaGr> Try:
    GaGr> eapply(.GlobalEnv, class)

    GaGr> or perhaps

    GaGr> unlist(eapply(.GlobalEnv, class))

    GaGr> or

    GaGr> str(eapply(.GlobalEnv, class))

nice!  {and we've also seen the slightly higher-level
         'globalenv()' instead of '.GlobalEnv' }

Not really answering Erin's question, I'd like to mention

  ls.str()

which had been created in the distant past to be used possibly
in a similar situation to where Erin wanted to get each class.

Martin