[R] Sweave does not parse \Sexpr{}

Werner Wernersen pensterfuzzer at yahoo.de
Wed Mar 19 12:15:02 CET 2008

Sorry about the lack of detail.

Some facts:
- code chunks are processed fine
- Sweave.sty file is in the same directory as the
test.Rnw file
- all running on Windows 2000 Professional

Here is the full session detail:

> Sweave("test.Rnw", debug=T)
Writing to file test.tex
Processing code chunks ...

You can now run LaTeX on 'test.tex'
> sessionInfo()
R version 2.6.2 (2008-02-08)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=German_Germany.1252;LC_CTYPE=German_Germany.1252;LC_MONETARY=German_Germany.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=German_Germany.1252

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices datasets  tcltk
utils     methods   base

other attached packages:
[1] svSocket_0.9-5 svIO_0.9-5     R2HTML_1.58
svMisc_0.9-5   svIDE_0.9-5

[1] tools_2.6.2

Thanks,
  Werner

--- Duncan Murdoch <murdoch at stats.uwo.ca> schrieb:

> Werner Wernersen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > has anybody encountered and solved the following
> > problem?
> >
> > I continued work now on a different computer where
> > have also used Sweave successfully before. I can
> run
> > Sweave() and it generates a .tex file. All code
> chunks
> > are processed and translated to Latex perfectly
> fine
> > but somehow only the \Sexpr{} tags are not parsed.
>

> > This is an example .Rnw:
> > \documentclass{article}
> > \usepackage{Sweave}
> > \begin{document}
> > What is \Sexpr{3*3}?
> > \end{document}
> >
> > And this is the resulting .tex:
> > \documentclass{article}
> > \usepackage{Sweave}
> > \begin{document}
> > What is \Sexpr{3*3}?
> > \end{document}
> >
> > Can anybody give me a hint what's wrong?
> No.  That file works for me, and you've given no
> details about how you
> ran Sweave, what version you were using, etc.
>
> Duncan Murdoch

      Machen Sie Yahoo! zu Ihrer Startseite. Los geht's: