[R] Table for clustering dendrogram

yvo yvo.fabian at gmx.de
Wed Mar 19 11:56:26 CET 2008

Dear all,
I am using the hclust method in R. I am building nice dendrograms with it.
Actually for my further analysis I want to get the number of bifurcations
(bif) for each object (labels) in the dendrogram. That has to be calculated
by the colums merge, height and order.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p16142989/Sc2Mown_Pred.txt Sc2Mown_Pred.txt

Sc2Mpred<- read.table("Sc2Mown_Pred.txt", header=T, row.names=1)
library(vegan)
attach(Sc2Mpred)
Sc2Mpred_JD <- vegdist(Sc2Mpred, method="jaccard", binary=T, diag=FALSE,
upper=FALSE, na.rm = FALSE)
hc2<- hclust(Sc2Mpred_JD, "ave")
plot(hc2, hang = -1)
str(hc2)
merge
height
order
labels

Do you know of any function that computes that? I did not find any. I hope
you have a good advice! Thanks a lot in advance!!

Yvonne

Yvonne Fabian
PhD Student
University of Fribourg