[R] Odp: plot with diffrent colour and plotting symbols

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Wed Mar 19 15:57:28 CET 2008

Hi

r-help-bounces at r-project.org napsal dne 19.03.2008 14:18:39:

> Dear mailing list members,
>
> I am a new R user, I would like to plot the follewing data
>
> var1 <- c(1,2,1,1,2,1,2,1,2,2)
> var2 <- round(rgamma(10,2,1)/0.1)*0.1
> var3 <- c(0,1,0,1,0,0,0,0,1,0)
> var4 <- c(1,2,2,2,1,1,1,1,1,1)
>
> Var <- data.frame(var1,var2,var3,var4)
> Var <- Var[sort(Var$var1),]
> tt <- Var$var1+((runif(length(Var$var1))/6)-(0.5/6))
> labelname <- c("time 1", "time 2")
>
> plot(tt,var2,xaxt = "n")
> axis(1,1:length(unique(var1)), labelname)
>
> Could you tell me please how can I get diffrent colour and plotting
symbols
> according to var3 and var4, respectively.

Like

plot(tt,var2,xaxt = "n", pch=var3+1, col=var4)

see ?par for customising plot parameters.
Beware also that var3 is a vector and also a part of your Var data frame
which is sorted differently. So this direct call to var3 and var4
reference var3 and var4 vectors not columns from data frame.

Regards
Petr