[R] adimpro package : R does not seem to find my ImageMagick installation

Olivier ETERRADOSSI Olivier.Eterradossi at ema.fr
Wed Mar 19 16:22:33 CET 2008

Dear list,
(sorry if I post to the wrong place...),

Though having spent some time on it, I cannot find an answer by myself
to the following behaviour of the read.image function (adimpro package) :
I'm running R.2.6.2 on Windows XP. The home directory is C:\Program
files\R\R-2.6.2
Version 0.4.4 of adimpro is loaded.
ImageMagick 6.3.0 is installed, its directory is C:\Program
files\ImageMagick-6.3.0-Q16

When using function read.image in adimpro, extensions"tif", "tiff",
"png" .. and so on are not recognized, as seems to say the following
error message :
> Error in read.image(file = "JFtiff.tiff") :
>   cannot find JFtiff.ppm
In my understanding, this means that adimpro behaves as if ImageMagick
was not installed, as the manual says :
> If ImageMagick is not available only "pgm", "ppm" and "pnm" formats
> can be processed
What am I misunderstanding or doing wrong ? (perhaps wrong location of
ImageMagick or wrong version...?)

Thanks a lot in advance. Olivier

--
Olivier ETERRADOSSI