[R] Cointegration no constant

Pfaff, Bernhard Dr. Bernhard_Pfaff at fra.invesco.com
Thu Mar 20 11:43:59 CET 2008

>Hi,
>
>I am trying to estimate a VECM without constant using the
>following code:
>
>data(finland)
>sjf <- finland
>sjf.reg<-ca.jo(sjf, type = c("eigen"), ecdet = c("none"), K =
>2,spec=c("transitory"), season = NULL, dumvar = NULL)
>cajools(sjf.reg)
>

>While the cointegration test does not use a constant, it is
>used in the cajools which I do not want. I am sure I am doing
>something wrong - what should I change?

Hello Ralph,

are you really sure that you do want to include a constant in cajools?
If so, this can be swiftly accomplished by:

sjf.reg at Z1 <- sjf.reg at Z1[, -1]
cajools(sjf.reg)

i.e., you drop the constant from the slot Z1 (have a look at cajools to
see how the regression are set up). You might want consider using
cajorls, too.

Best,
Bernhard