[R] Fwd: time series regression

Mark Leeds markleeds at verizon.net
Thu Mar 20 17:09:55 CET 2008

Your entering into a complex danger zone here because you really need to
check first if all the dependent and independent variables are stationary.
Otherwise, your lm results are meaningless ( you're estimation a spurious
regression ).  I would look at Bernhard Pfaff's yellow book or any other
decent time series econometrics text ( hayashi, hamilton )  for more on
this topic. It's a quite complex problem you
are working on so you need to get familiar with the cointegration/unit root
concepts, if you aren't already.