[R] hist - modify maximum frequency (vertical axis)

Omar Baqueiro obaqueiro at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 04:18:15 CET 2008

Hello,

Is there a way to easily specify the maximum value to draw a histogram
with the "hist" function? I have 6 histograms, but each of them is
drawn with a different "frequency" range (scaling them to the best
visible way), however I need all the histograms to be scaled so that
the maximum frequency is a specific number (say 300, is the maximum
value of the vertical axis). This value is the maximum value shown
overall in all the histograms.

Is that possible?

Thanks,

Omar