[R] logLik calculations

Bill.Venables at csiro.au Bill.Venables at csiro.au
Fri Mar 21 06:49:44 CET 2008

> library(MASS)
> methods("logLik")
[1] logLik.Arima*    logLik.fitdistr* logLik.gam       logLik.glm*
[5] logLik.glmmPQL*  logLik.lm*       logLik.negbin*   logLik.nls*
[9] logLik.polr*

   Non-visible functions are asterisked

glm    generates an object of class "glm", so tick!
glm.nb generates an object of class ... "negbin", so tick!

Because the methods are starred, though, they will not be directly
accessible.

(I am to blame for choosing class name "negbin" for objects generated by
glm.nb, but it's far too late to do anything about it now!)

Bill Venables.