[R] hist function+label second y-axis

canadiangirl19 canadiangirl19 at sms.at
Fri Mar 21 09:32:24 CET 2008

Dear Forum,

hist(x$LAN_3,col="green",xaxt='n',yaxt='n',xlab="",ylab="",main="",type="l")
I´d like to craete a line not a bar in the hist function, but regrettably I
get only warning messages:
1: Grafikparameter "type" ist veraltet in: title(main, sub, xlab, ylab,
line, outer, ...)
2: Grafikparameter "type" ist veraltet in: axis(side, at, labels, tick,
line, pos, outer, font, lty, lwd,
3: Grafikparameter "type" ist veraltet in: axis(side, at, labels, tick,
line, pos, outer, font, lty, lwd,

My second problem is, I´ve created a second y-axis, but I´m not able to
label this second axis, I try it with:
axis(3,x$LAN_3,xlab="whatever") but nothing happend.

has anybody a solution?
cheers