[R] R.app "incompatable" with Emacs

Richard M. Heiberger rmh at temple.edu
Fri Mar 21 13:50:55 CET 2008

Emacs normally recognizes line endings and opens the file correctly.
Therefore the
first place to look is in the file itself.  When some of the lines have ^M
and others do
not, then emacs assumes you have LF-only line endings and displays the ^M
character.

The preventive action is to correct the original writing of the file.  The
corrective
action is to remove all the ^M characters with, for example
M-x replace-string RET C-q C-m RET RET and save the repaired file.