[R] function for the average or expected range?; CORECTION

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Mon Mar 24 17:22:27 CET 2008

Well it looks like you found your answer.  Further the fact that my
suggestions of possibilities did not help and the fact that noone else
has chimed in would suggest that there is not any easier way to get your
answer.

 I was thinking that taking into account the correlation between the min
and the max may give different answers than your formula, but so far my
tests have not shown enough of a difference to matter.  If you use this
with a distribution rather than the normal, you may want to do a couple
of simulations just to check, but otherwise your formula seems to be
working fine.

Hope this helped,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.