[R] "spreading out" a numeric vector

Levi Waldron leviwaldron at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 21:39:20 CET 2008

Would this function be worth submitting to some existing cran library?
 I'd be willing to document it and add error-checking if there is
somewhere that it belongs (with credit to Greg of course, unless Greg
wants to submit it himself).

I am using it in conjunction with a function I wrote which draws tics
on the timeline and draws a line from the tic to the label when they
aren't aligned.