[R] seeking hardware/software consultant to build system with 64-bit OS, R, SQL DBMS

Tom C letitsnow2008 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 01:03:53 CET 2008

I am seeking to hire a hardware/software consultant to
help me build a stem with a 64 bit OS, R, and a
SQL-compatible DBMS.  Please contact me if you know of
anyone qualified.

Details:
I am in need of a robust system that will run R, and a
SQL compatible database.  I will be working with large
datasets, and wish to take advantage of as much RAM as
possible, and therefore think I should use a 64 bit
OS.

Finally, I will ideally build a redundant/second
system that is basically a "copy" of the original
system, so that if one system is destroyed , the
second system can act as a backup and and be used with
little or no downtime. We can discuss how often the
original system (and all files on its drives) will be
replicated to the backup system (daily? weekly?
real-time?).

My initial thoughts are to run this system on Linux or
possibly a Mac OS.