[R] pseudo R square and/or C statistic in R logistic regression

markleeds at verizon.net markleeds at verizon.net
Thu Mar 27 01:10:20 CET 2008

>From: "Wang, Xiaojing" <xiw23 at pitt.edu>
>Date: 2008/03/26 Wed AM 10:08:01 CDT
>To: "'r-help at r-project.org'" <r-help at r-project.org>
>Subject: [R] pseudo R square and/or C statistic in R logistic regression

The analogue to the regression R rsquared in a GLM
is the deviance. I don't know what C is but hopefully someone else does and will reply.

Also, John Fox's text, "Applied Regression Analysis, Linear Models and Related Methods" and Modern
Applied Statistics with S, by Bill Venables and Brian Ripley, both do a very nice job of covering GLM's so I would look at one of those tests for the technical details. Agresti is the supposed bible but I think those are quite sufficient.