[R] adding bwplot to existing bwplot

Karin Lagesen karin.lagesen at medisin.uio.no
Thu Mar 27 13:03:50 CET 2008

Hello.

I have made many normal boxplots where I have added a new boxplot to
an existing one. When I have done this, I have used the at command to
move the boxplots a bit so that they could fit next to eachother, like
this:

boxplot(data......, at = number_of_categories-0.15)
boxplot(data......, at = number_of_categoreis+0.15, add =TRUE)

Now I am wondering if it is possible to do the same in some way with
bwplot. The data I want to plot is like this:

> operonthings[1:5,]
          phylum   pid type no_clust no_seqs
1  Acidobacteria 15771   5S        1       1
2  Acidobacteria 12638   5S        1       2
3 Actinobacteria 16321   5S        2       6
4 Actinobacteria    92   5S        2       2
5 Actinobacteria    87   5S        1       5

where phylum and types are the factors I would like to plot no_clust
and no_seqs against.I basically want these in the same plot:

bwplot(no_clust~type|phylum, data = operonthings)
and
bwplot(no_seqs~type|phylum, data = operonthings)

Any thoughts on how to do this?

Thanks!

Karin

--