[R] Quick question: Does this graph have a name?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Fri Mar 28 13:51:04 CET 2008

On 3/28/2008 8:37 AM, mika03 wrote:
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p16349649/at-length.png
>
> Hi,
>
> I produced this graph with R and I am very happy with it. But now I wonder:
> Is this some standard way of displaying data and if so, does it have a name?
> (like Histogram, Box plot etc.)

It's a stacked bar plot.  It's also somewhat similar to a mosaic plot,
since the stacks all add up to 1, but in a mosaic plot, the rectangles
typically have gaps between them, and don't necessarily have equal
widths.  For example,

mosaicplot(~ Class + Survived, data = Titanic, color = TRUE)

Duncan Murdoch