[R] installing a new package

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Sat Mar 29 00:57:32 CET 2008

At the risk of oversimplifying, there are three steps to developing
and using a package:

1) build
2) install
3) load

Evidently your package does steps 1 and 2 but not 3.

Furthermore, it tells you, "not a valid package", and says something
that is suggestive of a version problem:
   "installed < 2.0.0"

I think you have to look very carefully at your package and look for
what is invalid about it. There must be some requirement of package
structure, or contents, or version of something, that your package
doesn't meet or violates.

Since your package can be installed, go into R, and try
   require(HighProbability)
but set the verbose argument to something that gives more information
than the default. Maybe that will give some helpful information, more
than the check provides.

Either that, or delve deeply into the CMD check script(s) and find
out exactly what can trigger the error message.

Anyway, that's the best I can come up with, without actually having
the package files.

-Don