[R] Quick question: Does this graph have a name?

mika03 carlmika at yahoo.de
Sun Mar 30 19:00:38 CEST 2008

Thanks a lot for all your replies so far!

I now share your feeling that this might not be the best way to show the
data.

Here's what the data is about: We have search engine queries (12,000 of
them), which are grouped into semantic categories. (Some ask for a "Person",
some are about celebrity "Gossip" etc., you can see this on the x-axis.)

Then we asked three subjects for each query, how they think the query should
best be answered, we were mainly interested in the preferred length of the
response (y-axis: With a "phrase", a "sentence", a text "paragraph" etc.)

We want to show in this graph,
1) that users indeed think that queries from different semantic categories
should be answered with responses of different lengths. (That a Yes/No
answer basically.)
2) how the different length categories are distributed in the individual
semantic categories.

I hope this was somewhat clear..?

Thanks!