[R] WinXP exhibits sluggish graphics window movement & mouse tracking (repainting?) over windows graphics devices

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 31 10:03:21 CEST 2008

I don't see this on a much older and slower machine, so suspect a problem
with your Windows.  It looks like something is set up to ask R to repaint
after the mouse pointer, whereas Windows ought to be doing that.  Even
then, R uses double buffering, so the repaint should be fast (provided
graphics acceleration is turned on).

If you want to try updated versions of R, we suggest you use 2.7.0 alpha
and not R-patched.  But R updates will not solve Windows problems.